Wednesday, August 5, 2020

I'M BAAAACK



WOW it has been a while since I have updated any of my blogs. 2019 was a difficult year. My beautiful Luna cat died of cancer a year ago this month. Hoping that there would be a miracle recovery and pouring energy into keeping her going, silenced my writing voice. She went from healthy cat to sick overnight. She was 14 but I thought (or hoped) that she would live until 20. She was my last cat from California, a place we lived for over twelve years. A place where I got engaged, married and finished my college degree. The place where I got my first ever cat, Muffin. California will always have such a large place in my heart because of these life events. A year later, I still mourn the loss of my Luna. In early November we had a pipe break in the kitchen which resulted in a minor flood and quite a bit of repairs including our finished basement where my shop Toadwerks resides. Fortunately, the damage was in the ceiling and the rug and I lost very little of my crafting materials. The work on the house was finally finished in late February just in time for THE PANDEMIC! LOL 
The pandemic was at first, surreal, then scary and now it is the new reality. At least for now. For a crafty witch such as I , it has been a good time to actually get some of the many unfinished craft projects I have. Once the craft space was put back in order and thoroughly organized, I was ready to craft! Business has been good during the pandemic so I have been kept busy, for which I am grateful. I am also grateful that our family and friends have been healthy. I am also grateful for our five fabulous kitties! In September we adopted twin black kittens who were just 10 weeks old. Sabrina and Pirate are the most mellow kittens we have ever had. 
As we all settle into our new reality, let's embrace the positives of this situation. Being able to spend more  time  crafting, an ability to save a little money now that we aren't going out to socialize. eating healthier because we  are cooking and baking. The greatest "gift" of this pandemic is that we are now spending time with our loved ones. The time together is something that should never be taken for granted. 

And so, as with The Wheel of Fortune tarot card, life is always in flux. Though the pandemic may have us feeling as if the Wheel is at the lowest point, know that it is on the rise once more and things will get better for us all. Blessed Be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .