Thursday, May 7, 2015

Paper Dolls




Growing up in the 1960's, I was a child of the paper doll era and I loved them. Sadly my mother got rid of them, so I went about amassing a small collection of some of my childhood favorites along with finding some new and fun designs. True vintage paper doll sets are hard to find and can be a bit pricey, so I have only three lovingly played with paper doll sets. I loved all things witchy as a kid but never saw any Bewitched Paper Dolls or Addams Family Paper Dolls at Tommy's Hardware, the store down the street that sold just about everything you could think of. There were Munster Family Paper Dolls and Bewitched as well. Too bad I never saw them.

These are all original lovingly played with by some little girls and now, once in a while, ME!


These are vintage reproductions. I was excited to find Nancy Drew!

For my inner fashionista I bought these. So fun to look at


This one is based on the Katy Keene Comic books that were around in the late 1940s. Her outfits are very glamourous

A little real vintage fashion style.

New style paper dolls reflecting today's fantasy culture

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .