Tuesday, August 1, 2023

 We have had quite a rainy summer thus far which is something I have been enjoying a lot. Our bushes and trees are thriving with all of the extra rain, producing more fruit than I have ever seen.. In the late afternoons I often find myself sitting on the garden bench ,knitting and enjoying the solitude of a  summer day that is starting to cool off.

 Getting out into nature can be as easy as sitting in your own backyard or patio. Listening to the sounds of nature, the birds, the bees, the leaves on the trees as they sway in the breeze is soothing. Gazing up at the sky and into the clouds to watch them float away can kindle the imagination.  For myself, knitting outside can be very meditative.  If the pattern is simple enough, it allow you to repeat a mantra while knitting. I sometimes include a different mantras with each row that I knit. It helps me to focus on the moment and take me out of the every day. Summer gives us an excuse to take the time to relax and enjoy, even for just a short time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .